BugZilla integration with BugSplat crash reports allows your team to create defects with a
single-button click. Hyperlinks allow quick navigation from defects to crash reports and
back. Defects created from BugSplat automatically include symbolic call stack information as
well as other crash-specific data that can help your team crush bugs faster.
Integrating Bugzilla with BugSplat
- Login to your account.
- Go to the ‘Options’ page and under ‘Defect Tracking System Setup’ select Bugzilla from
the drop-down menu.
- Enter your Username, Password, and Bugzilla URL into the appropriate boxes on the
BugSplat ‘Options’ page.
Note the URL must be the full path to your server's xmlrpc.cgi endpoint,
- Click ‘Apply’.
- Once a successful connection to Bugzilla has been established, you will be able to
select one of your projects from the project dropdown list.
- After selecting your desired project, click ‘Apply’ again.
Creating a defect in
Bugzilla from a BugSplat crash report
- Create a new defect from an individual crash report page or a stack key page by using
the ‘Create a new defect’ link.
- Selecting the ‘Create a new defect’ link brings you to this page.
- Selecting the Submit button will create the defect.
- Go to BugZilla to view your new issue based on your BugSplat crash report.