BugZilla integration with BugSplat crash reports allows your team to create defects with a single-button click. Hyperlinks allow quick navigation from defects to crash reports and back. Defects created from BugSplat automatically include symbolic call stack information as well as other crash-specific data that can help your team crush bugs faster.
Integrating Bugzilla with BugSplat
- Login to your account.
- Go to the ‘Options’ page and under ‘Defect Tracking System Setup’ select Bugzilla from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your Username, Password, and Bugzilla URL into the appropriate boxes on the BugSplat ‘Options’ page. Note the URL must be the full path to your server's xmlrpc.cgi endpoint, e.g. https://landfill.bugzilla.org/bugzilla-5.0-branch/xmlrpc.cgi.
- Click ‘Apply’.
- Once a successful connection to Bugzilla has been established, you will be able to select one of your projects from the project dropdown list.
- After selecting your desired project, click ‘Apply’ again.
Creating a defect in Bugzilla from a BugSplat crash report
- Create a new defect from an individual crash report page or a stack key page by using the CREATE DEFECT button.
- Selecting the CREATE DEFECT button brings you to this page.
- Selecting the Submit button will create the defect.
- Go to BugZilla to view your new issue based on your BugSplat crash report.