Github Issues integration with BugSplat crash reports allows your team to create defects with a single-button click. Hyperlinks allow quick navigation from defects to crash reports and back. Defects created from BugSplat automatically include symbolic call stack information as well as other crash-specific data that can help your team crush bugs faster.
Integrating Github Issues with BugSplat
- Login to your account.
- Go to the ‘Options’ page and under ‘Defect Tracking System Setup’ select Github Issues from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your GitHub Username, GitHub API Token, GitHub Repo Owner, Github Labels into the appropriate boxes on the BugSplat ‘Options’ page.
- Click ‘Apply’.
- Once a successful connection to Github Issues has been established, you will be able to select one of your projects from the project dropdown list.
- After selecting your desired project, click ‘Apply’ again.
Creating an issue in Github Issuesfrom a BugSplat crash report
- Create a new defect from an individual crash report page or a stack key page by using the 'Create Defect' button.
- Selecting the 'Create Defect' link brings you to this page.
- Selecting the Submit button will create the defect.
- Go to Github Issues to view your new issue based on your BugSplat crash report.