GitHub Issues integration with BugSplat crash reports allows your team to create defects with
single-button click. Hyperlinks allow quick navigation from defects to crash reports and
back. Defects created from BugSplat automatically include symbolic call stack information as
well as other crash-specific data that can help your team crush bugs faster.
Integrating GitHub Issues with BugSplat
- Login to your account.
- Go to the ‘Options’ page and under
‘Defect Tracking System Setup’ select GitHub Issues from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your GitHub Username, GitHub API Token, GitHub Repo Owner, Github Labels into the
appropriate boxes on the
BugSplat ‘Options’ page.
- Select your desired project.
- Click ‘Apply’.
Creating a defect in
GitHub Issues from a BugSplat crash report
- Create a new defect from an individual crash report page or a stack key page by using
the ‘Create a new’ defect link.
- Selecting the ‘Create a new defect’ link brings you to this page.
- Selecting the Submit button will create the defect.
- Go to GitHub Issues to view your new issue based on your BugSplat crash report.